Saturday, August 9, 2008

NAIG Day 8 - The Conclusion

The trip is nearing the end and unfortunately, due to the sweltering heat and long days, my energy levels are depleting.

Eight days of hand shaking, baby kissing, and interacting with well over 7,000 people is enough to drain anyone.

I have to hand it to our National Aboriginal Role Models though, they did an amazing job helping out.



They had the opportunity to do performance testing, hand out medals to the athletes and speak about their experiences of being voted 2008/09 National Aboriginal Role Models.

All in all, I had an enjoyable time and I am happy to have been a part of the games. I’ll make it back out there some day, but right now I am going home to sleep for the next two days. The entire trip, however, has been a blast and truly was a Journey for Health.

To find out more about the success of the role models who attended NAIG click here.

No comments: